My intention at every moment is to provide a warm, accepting, respectful and kind environment which is safe and completely confidential. I have been through the same process as I believe in order to have credibility one must also keep doing their own psychological, emotional and spiritual work. I understand the vulnerability one may feel taking this step and engaging in the therapeutic process.
My clinical practice is guided by the following principles:
- Life is precious….all beings deserve utmost respect and understanding. My therapy space is one of acceptance and safety. Gender, race, sexual orientation, age, religion, relationship and family status pose no barrier to the therapy process.
- Every individual is unique and has the capacity to create change.
- The client has the power and responsibility for their progress in the therapeutic process.
- Therapy is a healthy dialogue that identifies, promotes, and mobilizes clients’ strengths to reach their personal goals.
With all goals, there is the need for a structured approach to attain the outcomes we choose
The mental and emotional barriers we may encounter through the course of our lives necessitate the absolute need for Emotional Management Strategies.
An emotional Management Strategy is a purposeful, active and consistent effort in the cultivation, growth and development of skills for self-awareness, managing one’s emotions, maintenance of motivation, empathy and effective gentle communication with people in our lives.
With concrete, foundational emotional management strategies, one may experience:
- The creation of a clear vision for your life. A path that has a strong purpose at the helm which results in passion, sense of meaning and deeper engagement with life.
- Understanding how your belief systems impact your life? What thoughts do you generate? Are they limiting your potential or allowing you to thrive in the path you are destined to walk?
- Making sense of how your thoughts impact your emotions and how these emotions translate into behaviour.
- Gaining a sense of control over the emotional aspect of your life so you are in charge of your mind. Learning how to navigate the voices of the inner critic.
- Effective and kind communication with yourself as well as everyone in your life.
- Management of stress. Learning the importance of self-care techniques.
- Effectively setting boundaries and expressing your needs with conviction.
- Learning to increase your skills in addressing uncertainty